Pulling out of Fletchers repair programme

How can we get our repair pulled out of the Fletchers repair programme when we believe it is over cap?


Asked: 5 April 2014

Category: Joint reviews, Repairs



27 May 2014

EQC advises:

The customer’s options include:
The customer can ask their insurance company to trigger a joint review. http://www.eqc.govt.nz/canterbury-earthquakes/claims-assessment/more-on-assessments/joint-review
Or the customer can opt out of the Canterbury Home Repair Programme and manage their own repairs. There is more on this on http://www.eqc.govt.nz/canterbury-earthquakes/home-repair-process/opting-out/factsheet or call 0800 DAMAGE and ask for an opt out form.
Or the customer can raise their concerns directly with EQC.

See all answers from EQC >

Southern Response

11 September 2014

Southern Response advises:

Talk to EQC.

See all answers from Southern Response >


13 January 2015

IAG advises:

Until EQC deems the claim to be over cap, IAG will not become involved. You will need to discuss your claim with EQC.

See all answers from IAG >


15 January 2015

Lumley advises:

 This question should be referred to EQC, however if they dispute the methodology then then can seek independent advice from an engineer and provide this to EQC for them to review.

See all answers from Lumley >


17 November 2014

Tower advises:

If customers believe that their property is over cap, we ask that they contact us to determine whether we need to undertake assessments and talk to EQC about organising a joint review.

See all answers from Tower >