How do I access a geotech report or find when a geotech report will be done for my property

How do I access a geotech report (that may have been done already by EQC or insurers) or find when a geotech report will be done for my property so that I can use this when I put my property on the market?

Asked: 3 November 2014

Category: Communications, Independent reports



10 November 2014
A response to this question is being worked on and will be posted soon.

See all answers from EQC >


11 December 2014

IAG advises:

If you have not already been sent a copy of the geotech report commissioned on your property then your IAG claims case manager will be able to provide a copy to you. As the report was commissioned by IAG, the report will be in our name rather than yours but the report location is clearly identified.

See all answers from IAG >


15 January 2015

Lumley advises:

For geotech reports that were undertaken by Lumley appointed contractors then the insured can contact the claims team on 0800 309 378 or in writing to

For any repots undertaken by EQC, the insured will need to contact EQC direct for the release of this, they may need to do this under the Official Information Act or Privacy Act.

See all answers from Lumley >

Southern Response

4 December 2014

Southern Response advises:

Ask for it directly from whoever commissioned the report.

See all answers from Southern Response >


19 January 2015

Tower advises:

We recommend that you contact your claims handler who will be able to advise what information we hold on file and supply you with any geotechnical reports we may have.

See all answers from Tower >