Leaky homes

Leaky Homes, Earthquakes and s112 Insurers are using s112 as an exemption for repairs. As an example, individual foundation elements are replaced instead of the foundation system as a whole. How did the leaky homes answer the question - can individual areas be replaced or does a whole system (cladding/foundation/roof) need to be replaced/upgraded. How does this fit into replacement or "New for Old" policies

Asked: 2 March 2015

Category: Insurance


In The Know

26 March 2015

In The Know advises:

It would be inappropriate to compare damage caused by leaky homes to earthquake damage, so we're unable to provide a response to this question.

See all answers from In The Know >